Fixing scaffolding tower stabilising

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, how's everyone doing today? Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've got delivery of a 9m scaffold tower to allow safer working on my roof, which is slate and getting fairly tired so needs frequent visits at different spots. I want to set some fixings to allow securing it for stability when it's up. Nothing structural just helping with the wobble.

Walls are solid stone, has anyone got a better idea than resin fixing some eyebolts at 2m intervals in the top run of stone to carabiner clip to tied to the top of the scaffold?

Sponsored Links
Use the legs.
2 front against wall going out. 2 at the back at 45 degrees.

Adjust feet so level and firm.

Can't say I heard of fixing to wall? No need.

Walls are solid stone, has anyone got a better idea than resin fixing some eyebolts at 2m intervals in the top run of stone to carabiner clip to tied to the top of the scaffold?

May not be appropriate, but....

A length of timber, across the inside of a window, then lash the scaffolding tightly to the timber, with rope, through the part open window.

Sponsored Links
Both really useful comments, thanks! Fair play Wayners, it comes with adjustable feet and outriggers so I'll first test it at full height and see where I'm at.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back