Flashing and dry ridge for porch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've got a dry ridge kit. Do the ridge tiles need to be screwed down at both the ends?

What's best type flashing along the wall where it slopes. Tiles are double roman.

Will I need soakers too?

Also what's best way to do does flashing over the ridge tile?

Cheers

1000035949.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi

I've got a dry ridge kit. Do the ridge tiles need to be screwed down at both the ends?

What's best type flashing along the wall where it slopes. Tiles are double roman.

Will I need soakers too?

Also what's best way to do does flashing over the ridge tile?
You need to fix a kick batten on top of the fascia (beneath the felt).

Step flashing on the abutment that is wide enough to pass over the first visible tile profile.

Flashing first then ridge.

Pre drill the ridge ends (away from puncturing the abutment lead) and use a rubber washer.

You need to fix a kick batten on top of the fascia (beneath the felt).

Step flashing on the abutment that is wide enough to pass over the first visible tile profile.

Flashing first then ridge.

Pre drill the ridge ends (away from puncturing the abutment lead) and use a rubber washer.
Sorry don't understand the kick batten part. Do you have a pic of one?

Sorry don't understand the kick batten part. Do you have a pic of one?
Your first course of tiles hasn't got enough kick, to put it in plane with the tiles above, i.e. you needed a deeper fascia board. To deal with this issue, you can add a say 25mm tile batten to the top of the fascia, to correct the lie of the first course.

Sponsored Links
@noseall

I've got a bit of adistance to get over the profile.

Was thinking of gluing a cut profile to this tile. Will be small piece but will give me profile. Or is there a easier method

1000036094.jpg

You could glue a slither, but it will likely break up as you dress the lead down.

Can dress using a template from another tile then just put it in place

However it's been left open like this over winter and no rain has come in so thinking if I just finish on flat part and use a bit of lead mate underneath should be OK

Can dress using a template from another tile then just put it in place
I have done this myself (sacrificial tile), but only with small bits.
If you are flashing using 1.5m (max) lengths, you will find it difficult to replicate the profile, remotely.

Thinking more like something like this so top flashing will not require dressing. Previous post I was talking about dressing the step flashing over the new slither profile.

1000036104.jpg

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back