Flexible condensate pipe, water collecting in low point

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A plumber replaced our internal condensate pipe with a flexible pipe due to a leak.

I've noticed that water is collecting at a low point in the pipe under the cupboards. I thought it was supposed to be on a constant decline to prevent this as sedement will eventually build up?

Sponsored Links
20240904_194545.jpg

Sponsored Links
It's a boiler not AC so I'm not sure of the Legionella risk.
My main concern would be an air lock forming preventing the siphone from emptying.

A plumber replaced our internal condensate pipe with a flexible pipe due to a leak.

I've noticed that water is collecting at a low point in the pipe under the cupboards. I thought it was supposed to be on a constant decline to prevent this as sedement will eventually build up?
Any reason the original rigid pipe couldn't be replaced?

Any reason the original rigid pipe couldn't be replaced?
The original pipe was fitted before the kitchen was installed going behind the cabinets. I can't see an easy way to get a new pipe in there in one piece.

The boiler is fitted with a condensation trap to collect debris, so just water down the pipe work.
I think the best bet is to also add some more clips and supports to remove any dips and improve flow.

The boiler is fitted with a condensation trap to collect debris, so just water down the pipe work.
not always true aluminium heat exchangers the condense overtime can block downstream with the amount of ali carried in the condense discharge

You could make a continuous wood lay board - don't clip because they will raise the pipe up a tad. lay the pipe and use cable ties to secure. That's plumbing - I never did get into gas ;) 'tis what was done with lead pipe, and t'was secured by saddle clips. I used to take it out - I'm not so old as to have installed it.

The original pipe was fitted before the kitchen was installed going behind the cabinets. I can't see an easy way to get a new pipe in there in one piece.

I cannot see any problem at all, in fitting a straight piece of rigid plastic pipe in there. There is even enough height, to allow for a decent fall to the drain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back