flourescent light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have got a spare fluorescent light. it has 2 70W tubes. what i want to do it add an extra switch to control which tube i want on. where the nest place to put a switch? (i dont kno much bout these types of lights)

Sponsored Links
If you want to switch each side individually, you'd have to re-arrange the internal wiring, and that would invalidate any warranty and CE marking. Best to have two singles side by side.

i can easily mess with the wirin. there is no warranty since itz been in a skool for 2 years

so long as its not STILL in the school, has 2 of everything inside then yes you can, but much easier to have 2 lights

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
so long as its not STILL in the school, has 2 of everything inside then yes you can, but much easier to have 2 lights

its not in the skool. the dining hall (where it came from) was re-wired last year and is bein re-wired now (along with the rest of the skool)

there is 1 capacitor but 4 other boxes (2 for each light) ATM, i have only 1 tube in, but would like the switch but not sure exactly were 2 put it)

Just take the starter out of the side you dont want on, and replace it when you do :LOL:

atm i have taken 1 tube out. it doesnt have starters. what i wanted was 2 switches on the side so i can decide which tubes by the switch. just am not sure where to out the swtch

for the hassle i would get 2 single lights, but if you insist, a pic would be useful

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back