Ford Focus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have the new ford focus 2024?

If so how does it drive and would you recommend getting it for its price

1720106497234.png

Sponsored Links
I have an MK1 of a focus scrap bought for £500 because of the midget's tax.
Leak in the boot was driving me mad until I drilled 4 holes in the spare wheel well.
Then one day I decided to fix the problem and found that water comes through the vents on either side behind the bumper.
So, remove the bumper, carefully remove the vents and you'll see the gaskets totally destroyed.
Use silicone to refit or that rubbery strip think (don't remember the name) used to fit sinks if you care.
Solved.

I've had two Focus estates. Both 2008 models with the 1560 cc diesel engine (Ford call it the 1.6 TDCI but the engine is actually a Peugeot 1.6 HDMI engine that Ford used to buy in.....I'm not sure where they get their newer diesel engines from). Marvellous engines with great mpg return, although the injectors did have a habit of working loose and I ended up with diesel spraying like a water pistol over the top end and caramelising (a bit like sprinkling brown sugar on a baking tray then cooking it for hours on a high heat in the oven). I switched to a Hyundai i30 estate after hiring one in Crete on holiday a couple of years ago. Better build quality (as good as any Japanese built car), similar load space, plus the Hyundai engine has a timing chain rather than a timing belt.
Apart from the Focus diesel injector problems the estates were great cars without a doubt. No problems at all with leaking door seals. No water coming in to the car at all. A bit of rattling from behind the dashboard on both I owned from where something had worked loose....irksome but tolerable. I would never class the Focus in the same bracket as the rubbish British Leyland cars I used to drive as a young man...the Austin ALL-Aggro.......Marina.....Princess.......I'm sure some of you blokes out there know what I'm on about.

Sponsored Links
Back