FRIDGE DOOR MAGNETIC SEAL.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody. Does anyone know why my fridge door when pushed closed does not seal against the frame, this happens mostly about one third from the top of the fridge door.

I have tried reversing the door to open at the opposite side to no avail.
cheers. :)

Sponsored Links
The door is probably twisted. Have you moved it recenty (to clean)?
Clean the door & the seal.
Is the door sealed on the hinge side? if yes
Then if the door is not closing at the top, open the door put your foot inside the door & push gently ie you will be twisting the door. do this gently or you may split the door liner.
Do reverse if door is not closing at the bottom.

Sponsored Links
The fridge is level,.. forgot to mention the fridge and freezer are separates and both are the kind that are built into the kitchen units with the cabinet doors attached.

The freezer door seal is ok, the appliances/units were moved recently from a relative's to my house and the problem was present before moving them according to her.

I could remove the fridge door completely and try to check visibly if a twist is present.

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back