fridge door seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just a quickie, and youll probably want more info to answer the question (i need to dig it all out!) i have an under worktop built in standard mfi fridge with a magnetic door seal. The seal needs replacing and ive got the replacement part. Now before i do any damage is there an easy way to change these. the old one appears to be glued on, but im not 100% sure, the new one seems to have a continuos strip on it which looks like it may tuck in under part of the door.

hope that makes sense!

cheers for any help.

Sponsored Links
They usualy hook or sit under the door liner. (Not heard if glue b4).
Try undoing a few screws from the door liner.
The BEST way to replace a seal is to remove the door & lay it FLAT, if you dont you may find the door will twist.

Some machines have the seal bonded to the door before the liner is bonded to the assembly. If this is the case with your appliance you actually need a new door. (No idea why they supply the seal seperately).

Sponsored Links
Cheers, went back to the supplier and they made a bit of a booby, so a new door is on its way. They advised me thats its complex to fit a new door and a technician should do it. i pointed out that i fitted it in the first place, and it was nowhere near as complex as trying to fit the wrongly supplied part to the door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back