fridge/freezer installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps, looking at a replacement fridge/freezer (Integrated).

Checked : 50/50 - cos of existing doors. Sliding hinge, check - ditto. Reversible wine side, check - ditto.

One, a Bosch says in the product spec (among a ton of other stuff) "Installation required - No"

Another, an AEG, has "Installation required - Yes - electrician"

Whaaat?! Are they sure? Anyone heard of this please?

TIA, Terry.

Sponsored Links
Should be "reversible hinge side" obvs. Where did it get "wine" from???

If the door includes some electrical connectors (eg a digital display) then typically the blurb says door reversal should be done by a qualified person.

Sponsored Links
Hm I see. It doesn't seem to mention the electrician in connection with door reversal. Just says for installation.
I'll try to check the thing about electrical stuff in the door though. The supplier John Lewis offers to install it for a fee, so I would probably just pay that and let them worry about it. The install fee is "only" £100 so I can't imagine that includes a spark. There are devices out there - a NUaire positive ventilation thingy comes to mind, which didn't have a plug on it and had to be wired into a fused box of some sort by an electrician.
I'll see what I can get out of the supplier, or indeed AEG might be contactable. I can't imagine kitchen white goods coming without a plug which you just stick in a socket though. We'll see.
Thanks for your reply.
- Terry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back