fungus on cellar walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went in the cellar at weekend to get garden furniture out, only to discover puddles on the floor and everything to be ****ed wet through and ruined, but that is another story. :rolleyes:

We found pale brown mushrooms growing up the external wall and spores that look like patches of ice, what can we use to spray on the walls to get rid of it and keep it away :( after we have moped up and dried everything :rolleyes:

The cellar floor is earth, so I put down 2 sheets of tar polling and then covered this with flat packed boxes and then put my items on top of this, but the water has come from somewhere not discovered that yet, need to clean it all and then see where it comes in again.

Sponsored Links
how many unobstructed airbricks, on each side of the cellar, and how big is the cellar?

Does air constantly flow from one side to the other, or is there an extension or something obstructing one side?

Sponsored Links
the cellar covers the whole of the house, I am an end terrace, so there are air bricks on all sides probably about 2 or 3 on each external wall and they are 2 bricks down by 1 brick across with slats in them

as I said earlier, the walls feel dry even though there is water on the floor which is earth, and the fungus is growing on the walls and on the joists of the dining room floor above, and there is water damage mark on the wood ( i.e. the roof of the cellar ). I think the mushrooms are from the damp and the dark conditions down there.

We would like to spray something on it all after we have moped up, rang the insurance company today and she said yes we could clean it, they probably will not want to look at it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back