Garage door/floor and driveway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, first time posting…

I have a concrete driveway which runs into concrete slab floor in garage. No leaking issues.

I would like to convert the garage and need to raise floor height with insulation, the garage door (up and over style) needs replacing (with a side hinged door) and i then need to get the driveway replaced (probably resin) to match height of the garage floor with a slight downward slope from garage doors onto the driveway.

Could I ask for some advice on how best to approach all of this from an order point of view? Im guessing i would get the internal level right first, the door, then take the level onto the driveway thereafter?

Many thanks
Greg

Sponsored Links
If you raise the driveway height to match the raised internal floor I'd imagine you'll be very close to breaching the dpc which is a definite no no.

You really want to leave the driveway height as is and have a step or ramp upto your new floor height

thanks, was thinking keep 99% of the driveway the same height as now, but replace, but just add a gentle slope to meet garage door. So would it need to be a temporary (but in reality permanent) metal ramp of sorts rather than driveway slope?

Sponsored Links
Will you still be using the garage as a garage or is it to become a ManCave? If it is a garage for a car do you have the height to lift the floor level by 200mm (100mm insulation + 100mm new slab. I ask because modern cars have got so large. We found that our replacement VeeDub would no longer go into the garage because it was both fatter and higher.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back