Garage door replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Looking into getting my garage door replaced, at the moment we have two tall wooden doors but we only use the one on the left-the other is secured shut. Both doors but especially the left are quite badly rotted around the windows and at the bottom. I was thinking of getting the right one bricked up but with a window and then replacing the left one with a roller type. Not got the measurements to hand however would imagine that the current door way might be too big and that roller doors are a standard smaller size so will require it being bricked up at the top. The other concern is that if I do all that then there is only going to be one way in/out which should there be a powercut could trap me in the garage or keep me out-I have seen you can do a manual override from the outside (very slow winding process) but what about the inside? Didn't want to have a standard door fitted to the right after bricking up as I want to use the inside for racking, that and to make it more secure-another door is potentially another break in point. What would people suggest? Easiest option would probably be to replace like for like however would prefer an automatic door I can open with key fob rather then getting out and swinging them open-especially when they swing back in the wind! I have a standard size car by the way so there is no need for it to be a tall opening.

Attachments

• Garage door.jpg
    Garage door.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 11
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back