Garage Roof Advise Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently have a large(ish) garage that is roofed with corrugated metal sheets. All done professionally a few years back. Now dont have a problem with leaks as its sealed pretty well, which is good as my pride and joy lives inside.

However, winter and freezing temps are causing an issue. The metal freezes, then when it heats up again, I end up with loads of water drops all over the car thats inside.

So, need to coat the roof in something or do something to stop it freezing and then producing this water droplet effect on the inside.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Graeme

Sponsored Links
Your not going to be able to stop this happening as it's condensation in the cold air dripping off the metal sheets. You have to heat and ventilate the garage to prevent the condensation forming but this would be very expensive and inefficient. Unless you are considering replacing the roof in the near future with insulated sheeting then a stop gap metod would be to line the underside with polythene sheeting forming a tent within the garage or cheapest of all buy a car cover.

HTH

Alan

You could take 8x4 25mm Kingspan and stick it to underside of roof with Sikaflex. Prop a few sticks underneath a sheet overnight until set ........it wont come off but it will be £OUCH!!

Alex

Sponsored Links
You could try polyurethene foam spray insulation, i would never recommend it for a tile or slate roof but a tin roof over a garage it might do the trick, you can buy the foam and spray it on yourself, it's basically a type of expanded foam which adheres to most surfaces.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back