Garden room floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

When I moved into my house I had a large shed built by the previous owner that was in a concrete base that he'd laid and leveled by hand. I've since taken the shed down and built a nice new garden room on the existing base. I'm looking to lay a floor consisting of something like 50mm kingspan insulation and with laminate floor on top. The problem I have is that, because the concrete floor was leveled by hand it is quite uneven. In places this is causing the insulation board to "see saw " and bend in various places. Self leveling compound is too expensive and over kill? Are there any other options?

I'm considering something like this...

Which says it can even put some unevenness. If I used this I'd probably reduce the thickness of the kingspan.

Does anyone have any experience with this or have any other ideas?

Sponsored Links
You can use a thin layer of sand if you can get it level and manage not to disturb it when you lay the slabs on top, it even says as much in the Kingspan blurb somewhere, though the naysayers will say to use a leveling screed which to be fair is the ideal solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back