Gas Combi Range Rating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m going for an oil to gas conversion and going for a combi boiler. Had a combi at our last 3 bed house and want the same again. No system boiler and water tank. Just combi.

In our last property we had an Ideal Logic - which we couldn’t range rate which was a pity

I’m keen on efficiency and control. I’ve had a couple quotes through from engineers but they keep pushing me towards these Alpha boilers and Ideal Logic , but they can’t range rate them , what on earth is the point..

What are your thoughts on this and surely a Valliant or Viessman is the way to go. The better the modulation the better . I mean, why not? If it’s out there let’s leverage it. Surely range rating is a good thing and not a bad thing?

Semi detached 3 bed house
X7 rads
2 occupants.

Nothing complicated

I’m interested in weather compensation too by the way.

Sponsored Links
I’m keen on efficiency and control. I’ve had a couple quotes through from engineers but they keep pushing me towards these Alpha boilers and Ideal Logic , but they can’t range rate them , what on earth is the point..
Does range rating really make that much of a difference anyway?

At full boiler power the CH water will get to temperature quicker before the fan modulates, with a range rated boiler it will initially use less gas when switched on from cold but take longer to get up to temperature before it modulates to the exact same setting as non range rated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back