Gas Fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before I start I will state that I do not intend to go digging around in my gas fire and will get a CORGI registered guy in.

A couple of weeks back I had a CORGI reg'd guy in to service the gas boiler and check out the gas fire.

Since (and unrelated to t he visit) the gas fire now turns itslef off after a time. Does this indicate a faulty thermo couple or could it simply be crud collected around the thermocouple? I ask as it can be a bit tempermental to light.

I just want to get a feel for the extent of the cost that could be entailed.

Sponsored Links
Why do say that this is unrelated to the visit, if it's been happening only since then?

Softus said:
Why do say that this is unrelated to the visit, if it's been happening only since then?
Because all he did was to run a smoke check to ensure that the flu was working correctly. He did not touch the fire at all.

Fire has always - since we moved in - been difficult to light

WHat sort of fire is it??????
Are you sure it has a thermocouple?

Sponsored Links
What I am thinking is that the flames safety device is playing up. Mind the flame seems only to just about reach the bit that I think is the sensor. I will dig out the make and model but it looks awfully like the brass fronted one that Screwfix sell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back