Gas Pipe In Kitchen - Where should it be?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, first post (and not the last am afraid) so be nice :)

Just moved into a council house.

My concern is the gas pipe in this picture

Is it meant to be on display like that or should it be behind a cupboard or something?

My only concern now is if the children or dog somehow damage the pipe and the resulting consequences.

Put my mind at rest please and tell me am just being stupid!

Sponsored Links
Ot - consider boxing it over. Make a shallow tray from MDF (glued & screwed - or pinned - together) big enough to cover the pipe, paint it white and fix to wall. Wall fix could be a couple of screws and wall plugs or Velcro or sticky pads. If money is tight go to your local timber merchant or carpentry/joinery workshop (Yellow Pages) and ask for some free off-cuts from their waste bin.

That's certainly an idea, well worth thinking about, thanks.

So its not an unusually place for a gas pipe? Not worth me making a point to the council?

One less job for me to do :D

Sponsored Links
My only concern now is if the children or dog somehow damage the pipe and the resulting consequences.

That is being a bit paranoid.
I presume you are a responsible parent that teaches their children about potential dangers ?
I would think sockets and electrical items plugged in around the house pose more of a threat to your kids/dog; so unless you let your kids play with hacksaws or angle grinders you should be able to sleep safe...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back