GB News

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are on their high horse, bashing EVs again.

Apparently, EV sales are a grave disaster in Europe. So much so that Stellantis have put a hold on production of Fiat's electric 500.

Is this the same Stellantis that are advertising Citroen e-C3's heavily on TV recently?

Not to mention shed-loads of other EVs from their various brands?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Wouldn't think they would have to do this, being so popular.

Next they'll be making it compulsory to own one. Oh, wait.................................

;)

You're catching on! Yes, that's what will happen. Well, not so much "compulsory" as "you won't be able to buy brand new ones" - but "compulsory" does sound a lot more draconian - even if it's not actually true... :rolleyes:. There will be plenty of ICEs to see you out (and me, come to that), never fear.

I would expect nothing less! They probably still tell their faithful (if somewhat gullible) viewers that Brexit has been a resounding success too! :ROFLMAO:
As a gullible GB News viewer, I agree and would never waste my money on an EV! Similarly, I'm glad we left the EU looking at the things they are trying to do now!

I think it’s fair to say that the majority of buyers aren’t convinced about EVs.

So manufacturers are going to carry on producing ICEs which to me makes sense

Next

If people are forced to buy EVs they will keep their ICEs for longer

Probably truer to say they might choose to keep their ICE cars for longer, but yeah, fair enough, good luck to them! I have a 35 year old ICE that I'm very fond of. For as long as I can find enough parts to keep it on the road, I intend to hang on to it, but it doesn't do many miles. It's basically "leisure goods" rather than "transport". The vast majority of people will just make the switch and 5 yeas later, wonder what all the fuss was about.

Sponsored Links
Back