Getting the plumbing right for a smooth concealed finish?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The bathroom is completely ripped out back to basics.

The plan is to have plumber 1st fix, chase in walls, hide in between floor boards where possible all plumbing and waste.

I am going to be using a Hansgrohe concealed 2 outlet shower valve. The iBox part will be installed by the plumber, then based on that I will install marmox backer boards (and finish the bathroom) to give me the required minimum of 80mm depth to the back of the tile.

What isn't clear is how I ensure that the two outlet (one will be a handheld shower on a hose, and one a fixed over head shower) Hansgrohe showers are finished flush to the tile face? The 1st fix will leave me with copper pipes in place with stop ends - is it usual to cut the pipe accordingly and fit compression threads to get the shower outlet/pipe to fit?

What would you normally do for this? Install the outlets before you tile to 'check'? Or something else?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I've seen push fit and compression fit. You just offer up and cut pipe to fit.
Sometimes it tells you in instructions what length is required for surface pipe.
What is advised in the instructions?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back