gizmondo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone own one? they look rather good in the ad's on the website ( www.gizmondo.com) and are relatively cheap(£199) compared to other Satnav units out there besides doing so much more, I like the Tracking/geofencing facility which more competitors should use, the linking of this facility to the games it plays should open up a new dimension in gameplay.
But as we all know advertising can usually gloss over down points and i'm wondering if it is the all singing,dancing gadget it's spruced up to be?

Sponsored Links
i find a map book, a memory and the ability to read road signs a much cheaper and reliable option! :D

Thermo said:
i find a map book, a memory and the ability to read road signs a much cheaper and reliable option! :D

Until you're in an unknown city centre and your map hasn't shown the latest one-way system. :cry:

petewood said:
Thermo said:

Until you're in an unknown city centre and your map hasn't shown the latest one-way system. :cry:

What about having to go to a new property and the brand new postcode places the property in the middle of a field in a completely different area of the village :D :D

Road maps, any time.

Sponsored Links
WoodYouLike said:
petewood said:
Thermo said:

What about having to go to a new property and the brand new postcode places the property in the middle of a field in a completely different area of the village :D :D

Road maps, any time.
:LOL: not sure what make of sat nav you've used but i havn't had any problems so far, have you had snap to road switched off?

kendor said:
:LOL: not sure what make of sat nav you've used but i havn't had any problems so far, have you had snap to road switched off?

No satnav at all (although, did you have the first ever sat nav here form Philips called karin, some 15 years ago? My then partner, who never let me drive, alsways told everyone he had the karin in his car to navigate ;))

Try TN27 0JW and tell me where that brings you :D :D (For tester you could try it here

the correct place where it should bring you is here

WoodYouLike said:
kendor said:

No satnav at all (although, did you have the first ever sat nav here form Philips called karin, some 15 years ago? My then partner, who never let me drive, alsways told everyone he had the karin in his car to navigate ;))

Try TN27 0JW and tell me where that brings you :D :D (For tester you could try it here

the correct place where it should bring you is here
but those are two different postcodes? what's the point?

kendor said:

You're missing it :D

It shows you that new postcodes (and how many new streets, estates are being build this year?) don't always bring you to the correct place (hence the second link to where you should have been brought, using, indeed, a different postcode that exist longer)

WoodYouLike said:
kendor said:

You're missing it :D

It shows you that new postcodes (and how many new streets, estates are being build this year?) don't always bring you to the correct place (hence the second link to where you should have been brought, using, indeed, a different postcode that exist longer)
but the roads are always changing and buildings going up how would you expect a paper solution to be any better than an electronic solution? it's just a case of updating software ,maps every so often.

No, I don't expect a paper solution to be better.
I agree with Thermo, memory, reading road-signs and getting some directions up front mostly gets you where you need to be.
I use the second postcode for people visiting our shop and telling me they will put the address in their satnav (I don't want them to end up in that field, I want them to come to my showroom :D :D :D )

WoodYouLike said:
I want them to come to my showroom :D :D :D )

Ahh I get it now, the whole thread was cooked up by WoodYouLike to advertise where his shop is. How much did he bung you Kendor?

Don't worry, I'm sure the mods have their beady little eyes on you and will be dragging you off kicking and screaming before long. :D

Thermo said:
of course if you are driving alone then you would have to keep stopping on a long journey to read the map and god forbid you miss a turning! ;)

Scouts honour, really not, we're not that pathetic :cool:

(or should that be brownies honour ;))

WoodYouLike said:
Scouts honour, really not, we're not that pathetic :cool:

(or should that be brownies honour ;))
Now don't go back on that agreement will you! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back