Glass lifter for indoors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would anyone know of a manual machine to help me lift and move 4 glass panes from and to the patio doors. The floor is new screed so very flat. All I need is some tool/machine, on wheels, to take the weight of the glass, while each pane is about 100kg. I am even thinking of making one...

Sponsored Links
Try you local hire shop....
Eg

Looked up Travis and Jewsons hires, did not see it... My bad.

I would be going for a more independent hire shop than Travis or Jewdons. Nothing wrong with them, but always got more personal and knowledgeable help from a local hire shop.

Sponsored Links
Try you local hire shop....
Eg
Unfortunately they do not do this useful tool anymore, it was not strong enough and dropped a couple of panes so they decommissioned it. I have not found this tool anywhere else, next best thing is a bigger tool with scissor lift or whatever £750 per week!!! They also sell (not hire as far as I can tell) those "robot" things but I imagine the price would be unapproachable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back