glowworm won't start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,
our Glowworm 35F won't light. (It's a fuelsaver, so no pilot is on till the programmer turns the boiler on.) Turn the programmer on & nothing happens at all, not even an attempt to light...

I've checked there's 240V going to the boiler when the programmer is turned on. (It's wired so the main feed is from the programmer) The internal fuse is also fine. Beyond that I need to get a corgi in.

Question is- does the boiler have any sort of flow sensor to only allow it to turn on when the pump is going. ie: could pump failure prevent the boiler from lighting?

reason for asking is I recently repaired some floorboards to put down my new kitchen lino. The pump is under the floorboards and it's possible the pump (or wiring) was somehow damaged although I was aware it was there and was careful where I put nails etc... As far as I know the heating has also worked since then too, so probably coincidence. But if the answer to my question above is yes, then I can check the pump and wiring to the pump before calling Mr corgi.

any advice,
cheers
Andy

Sponsored Links
its unlikely to be the pump.

is there any noise from the boiler at all? fan?

it could be a good many things. if you are not prepared to open the boiler up then im afraid its a corgi man for you.

no noise at all, no fan, nothing... which is why I hoped it was something simple like no voltage...

I've opened the boiler as far as I'm happy to (ie: basics like the electrics but not messing around with gas valves or anything...) which gave me access to the wiring & circuit board simply so I could check the internal fuse and make sure there was 240V going to where there should be when the programmer was on.

Is this boiler now obsolete or are parts still available if it needed a new something?? Anyone know?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back