Good ways to label DB's??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What methods do you use when labelling distribution boards (DB's) and submains and where they're fed from.

The reason I'm asking is because Im doing a periodic on quite a large installation and want a good system so it all makes sense!

Eg. My first DB is always DB1, but then submains feeding off from here to other DB's what do you label them DB1 / 2) etc etc???

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
does the building have any form of room naming/numbering? if it does then I would probablly identify the DBs by room number.

I would also label each DB with a clean notice of which DB it is fed from, which position in DB and the type and rating of the protective device(s) feeding it.

Nope no room numbers, its an old corn mill type place, and shops too. Need something not to long winded to put in the smallish box on my NIC form!! Spent ages today trying to come up with a good system and failed!

All new colours too?
All our stuff is labelled in the old scheme i.e. PD1/1RYB, for a 3phase circuit on way 1 in PD1, PD1/2R for a single phase circuit on 2 red of PD1 and so on.

Sponsored Links
you might be able to use North/South/East/West, plus floor number.

All new colours too?
All our stuff is labelled in the old scheme i.e. PD1/1RYB, for a 3phase circuit on way 1 in PD1, PD1/2R for a single phase circuit on 2 red of PD1 and so on.

How would you go about it for Brown Black Grey? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back