Grant Vortex 26 Oil Combi & Google Nest Thermostat (no previous thermostat or timer installed)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

Just moved into a house with a Grant Vortex 26 Oil Combi boiler and no timer or thermostat.

Is it straightforward enough to install a Google Nest Thermostat Heat Link?

I’ve got the wiring diagram of the boiler and the Heat Link attached.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Attachments

• IMG_9018.jpeg
    IMG_9018.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9019.jpeg
    IMG_9019.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 19
Sponsored Links
I'm afraid I don't know much about oil combis, but the wiring looks straightforward enough...

Screenshot_20240930-181520_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240930-181431_Chrome.jpg
N and L from terminals 2 and 3 on the Grant Vortex, would connect to N and L of the Heat link.

You would remove the orange link wire from terminals 25 and 26, and connect these to Heat link terminals 2 and 3.

If you intend to use the Heat link to power the Nest thermostat using terminals T1 & T2, the earth terminal on the Heat link must also be connected to the earth terminal 1, on the Grant Vortex.

Ideally you would use a 4 core plus earth flex to connect up the Heat link.

Thanks for the quick reply.

This Grant boiler simply has an off/timed/constant switch for the central heating. With this wiring setup I assume I’ll need to leave it on constant and the Nest will switch it off/on depending on the thermostat controller?

Thanks

Joe

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back