Guessing the weather, with solar installation.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before and after second battery.jpg Top with 3.2 kWh battery, bottom with 6.4 kWh battery. Clearly an improvement, unlikely to run out of off-peak or solar on most days, the 3.2 kWh gave me around 5 hours after off-peak or solar stopped, but 6.4 kWh clearly around double, so most days will reach the off-peak turn on time before the battery runs out.

But yesterday for example 1729190416516.png just no solar, and battery needs some solar to reach when next off-peak starts. Now I only need two hours to recharge batteries from the off-peak, so I could switch off charging two hours earlier, but with bad days I would lose out.

2 hours = approx 1.4 kWh so only talking about the difference between the two rates, so 22.36p per kWh or 31p approx extra if we run out of battery, but loss is since not paid for export, hard to work out, today 4.5 kWh given away.

I am thinking, just give away the supless, but others must have same problem, so interested to hear what other people do?

Sponsored Links
I put my coordinates and PV system details in to Home Assistant and it uses the weather forecast to predict solar production in the energy dashboard.
Never actually tested the forecast against reality. This is what it says for tomorrow:
1729194474952.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back