Half-cold radiators in unvented system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me? I had a Megaflo (ie unvented, indirect) hot water tank installed last year, and the central heating was working fine. Since October this year, the top halves of the radiators at the top of the house are cold (the bottom halves are mildly warm). They also gurgle, so I have bled them several times, but after a while the air flow stops and it doesn't change anything. Had a look here which said that the feed and expansion cistern may be the cause, but I thought I had none! Do I need to get the pros in?

Sponsored Links
have you got a sealed system if so top it up bleed the rads untill water comes ouyt and hey presto

If you have a sealed system and you bleed the radiators, you will reduce the pressure in the system to zero and so no more air will come out of the radiators. You need to keep topping up the system so you can bleed the rads until water comes out.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back