Head gasket husqvarna 245R need or not. See photos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just rebuilding a strimmer husqvarna 245R. Removed cylinder and found load of silicone black paste guess used as gasket

See photos after clean up

Do I need to put paste back or it will work without

Engine lost compression as ring was stuck on piston and broke

Thanks

Attachments

• 20240918_121752.jpg
    20240918_121752.jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20240918_121746.jpg
    20240918_121746.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 23
Sponsored Links
I'd really go for a new base gasket here, maybe with a slight smear of blue Hylomar or similar. You don't want any sealant entering the crankcase!
John

I'd really go for a new base gasket here, maybe with a slight smear of blue Hylomar or similar. You don't want any sealant entering the crankcase!
John

John, Do they exist? I have easily found a replacement piston but base gasket.

If you know where I could find one I will order it.

Thanks

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a cylinder base gasket but you never know! I'd give L&S engineers a call or maybe a horticultural dealer who could search a database for you.
John

Sponsored Links
I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a cylinder base gasket but you never know! I'd give L&S engineers a call or maybe a horticultural dealer who could search a database for you.
John

John, I`m assuming the base gasket was the plastic things that still there on the photos but obviously a bit damaged.

I can call L&S engineers but nothing shows on their diagrams.

Would the Hylomar make the job on his own?

John

Hi John,, Speaking with L&S it seems like there is no base gasket for those machine. An instant gasket need to be used.

Is the blue Hylomar good for that or it will be another product?

Thanks

In this case Jonny I'd use a silicone based instant gasket, and apply it with a small artists brush. Hylomar is not really a gap filling product but it's brilliant for what it is.
Motor factors will sell you instant gasket in small tubes so it's fine for you. Builders silicone doesn't really have the ability to resist the heat involved so avoid that.
Good luck with the strimmer!
John

In this case Jonny I'd use a silicone based instant gasket, and apply it with a small artists brush. Hylomar is not really a gap filling product but it's brilliant for what it is.
Motor factors will sell you instant gasket in small tubes so it's fine for you. Builders silicone doesn't really have the ability to resist the heat involved so avoid that.
Good luck with the strimmer!
John

John

Would this one work?

Sponsored Links
Back