Heat exchanger viessmann 050 blocking up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
7 year warranty on viesmann 050 due to run out next July. Had about 3/4 issues which have been fixed but it broke down in may for a blocked heat exchanger where the engineer came out fitted a new one and said it requires a power flush as was form to debris in the system and if I came out again would be charged. Well that was in may and got same fault this morning f2 error pointing at same fault as over heats when water on then locks out. Rather than go to viesmann deviced to try the installer who has serviced it 3/4 last 4 years since I bought the property it is 6 year old in total. After telling him about the last visit basically said nothing he could do as it is an issue with the rubber pipes that disintegrate and cause the issue and doesn’t fit them anymore and doesn’t have the issue with the other suppliers now. Telling me that been fine 6 years and wouldn’t start now. Couple of things, 2 month before 1st issue I accidentally caught a pipe and had a plumber out to cut and solder a new bit of pipe in, I wasn’t home but he struggled to get it going originally but left it not fully bled so i had to go round and bleed it all a few times then a couple of months later it failed. Also i added a electronic scale device to the pipes early in year so worried that these 2 issues could be the reason. Also unsure if installer telling the truth but paying the 144 call out to get it cleaned again but looking at maybe a r flush soon as unsure how long this will last again. Another engineer I spoke to said he doubted the pipe repair would be the cause and sounds like installer chatting bubbles about the rubber pipes. Also said my magna filter should be close to the boiler not upstairs, can’t remember if viesman checked it last time and it’s only been cleaned once on the 4 services I have had after requesting it on a he 3rd one. Unfortunately I had a different guy service it last time and he was in and out and gone. Thoughts please

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back