Heating Control Consolidation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 4 story, terraced property in North London has a gas central heating system fed from a combi boiler. I believe a system boiler would be far more appropriate but the house is a recent purchase and the Valliant Ecotec boiler is in very good condition. The wall thermostat in the hall is broken.

In addition, the kitchen has a wet underfloor heating system (single zone) with a manifold in the basement and a Watts Milux 2 (battery operated) weekly programmer on the wall which also needs replacing.

The bathroom and shower-room on the first floor have an electric underfloor heating system with each being controlled by a harmoni wall mounted programmer.

So I am thinking of replacing the wall thermostat in the hall with a Drayton Wiser system so that I can have a room thermostat in the downstairs lounge/dining and their Smart Radiator Valves in the rooms on other floors. I have previous experience with Drayton Wiser and feel that they are a 'step ahead' of their competitors such as Tado & Hive.

But Drayton Wiser has told me that I would need to use its Under Floor Heating Controller for the wet underfloor heating system which seems a bit of a 'sledgehammer to crack a nut' as, surely, the system will have its own controller as the Watts Milux 2 is only switching it on/off.

Can anyone advise me how best to combine the central heating, wet underfloor and dry underfloor into a single system with Smart Radiator Valves?

Sponsored Links
How do you get hot water? - from the combi I presume!

Going to a system boiler, you'll need a hot water cylinder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back