Heatline Compact combi boiler!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Novice here guys so go easy!, Today my boiler stopped working and on the LED's on the facia panel the red light is flashing indicating an 'override safety themostat'... any idea what this means?. the boiler wont fire up although the starter is clicking(trying to ignite). Any help would be appreciated asap.

Thanks

Paul.

Sponsored Links
I cannot safely give advice to DIYers on gas or safety issues.

So I would advise that you engage a proper engineer who will investigate the real cause of the overheat and not just reset the device.

Tony

Hi Tony,
Thanks for replying to my question. Yes your right it is 'Overheat', any suggestions?, there no Room thermostat in the house!. As you say most likely call an engineer to look, thanks again for your help.

Paul.

Sponsored Links
I cannot safely give advice to DIYers on gas or safety issues.

So I would advise that you engage a proper engineer who will investigate the real cause of the overheat and not just reset the device.

Tony

I see where you coming from Tony, but how many boilers out there would you hazzard a guess have been reset this week by owners?.

OP, reset boiler and book a service with local RGI and tell him/her about the boiler safety stat tripping. ;)

;)

It might have air stuck in it. Find the Automatic Air Vent cap, & make sure its cap is loose.

As the o/h is inside the combustion chamber I cannot advise the OP to reset it himself.

I dont mind users resetting accessible O/H stats but its the RGIs who get on my goat when they charge to reset without checking the cause of the overheat!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back