Height of radiators?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What height would the base of a rad be normal, from the top if the skirting when a) there are 15mm horizontal pipe pair running along the bottom, above the skirting and b) pipe are supplied vertically so obvs, can closer to the skirting?

And, how much space would you normally leave between the top of the rad and the underside of a window cill?

Irrespective of BTUs, just trying to work the best physical sizing and aesthetics.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Normally 150mm from floor to bottom of radiator. Not always possible under windows but try to get at least 100mm. Sometimes higher if there is a tall skirting to allow for airflow behind the radiator.

Try to get at least 100mm from the top of the radiator to the bottom of the window board.

This is more for adequate air circulation than aesthetics.

Normally 150mm from floor to bottom of radiator. Not always possible under windows but try to get at least 100mm. Sometimes higher if there is a tall skirting to allow for airflow behind the radiator.

Try to get at least 100mm from the top of the radiator to the bottom of the window board.

This is more for adequate air circulation than aesthetics.
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Normally, pipework would be attached to the wall rather than the skirting I assume? What width is a pair of pipes? And then of course, the bend and the fitting of the trv and lockshield.
Skirtings are quite deep, 7"

Sponsored Links
Sorted now. I've allowed 100mm below window cill and 30mm above skirting. If things are tight, depending upon how pipe runs fit, then I can obvs raise them slightly.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back