height of soil waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im fitting a new wc in a new location and will have to change the soil pipe. I have bought a core drill to make the hole of the pipe, but at what height should the soil pipe center?

also at the wall end, how much pipe should stick out, and should it be bare pipe, or have a collear on it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
This will depend whether you are coming straight out the back of the wc or if it is going along the wall then out.

You need to explain your proposals clearer.

You will need at least a 5" core drill.

gas4you said:
This will depend whether you are coming straight out the back of the wc or if it is going along the wall then out.

You need to explain your proposals clearer.

You will need at least a 5" core drill.

hi

it will be coming straight out the back of the wc to outside where 2m along will connect to the stack

A tad lower than the height of the pan outlet then, allowing a slight (1 in 40 or thereabouts) fall......

The heights of pan outlets do vary from about 150 to 200mm so check it against the pan, allowing for the finished floor level. Same with the distance from the wall.

Pan connectors usually fit inside the pipe bore, so no collar required.

Sponsored Links
TicklyT said:
A tad lower than the height of the pan outlet then, allowing a slight (1 in 40 or thereabouts) fall......

The heights of pan outlets do vary from about 150 to 200mm so check it against the pan, allowing for the finished floor level. Same with the distance from the wall.

Pan connectors usually fit inside the pipe bore, so no collar required.

Thanks.

So I can finish the pipe about an inch from the wall then use a white striaght pan connector

I would leave more than an inch to start with, then measure what needs to be left by offering up the wc pan then cut to fit.

Straight pan connectors are not very long.

You could fit a white extension piece, and trim this to length to fit the pan connector, or, as G4U says, leave the pipe over length, and trim to suit the pan. This means one less joint, therefore one less potential leak.

Another alternative may be a piece of white soil pipe through the wall, but I'm not sure about the performance of white pipe exposed to ultraviolet light.

I would be inclined to at least temporarily fit the pan in it's final position before making good around the pipe to keep everything copacetic.

If it all goes pear-shaped, you can get offset pan connectors to handle minor misalignments, but water doesn't run up hill. ;)

TicklyT said:
You could fit a white extension piece, and trim this to length to fit the pan connector, or, as G4U says, leave the pipe over length, and trim to suit the pan. This means one less joint, therefore one less potential leak.

Another alternative may be a piece of white soil pipe through the wall, but I'm not sure about the performance of white pipe exposed to ultraviolet light.

I would be inclined to at least temporarily fit the pan in it's final position before making good around the pipe to keep everything copacetic.

If it all goes pear-shaped, you can get offset pan connectors to handle minor misalignments, but water doesn't run up hill. ;)

thing is i dont have the WC yet as im doing major work to the house

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back