Help disconnecting Cooker Hood light cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. First time poster but I’m stumped on how to disconnect this cable from a Luxor ceiling extractor fan which I need to remove for cleaning. The second hexagon washer thing comes out a bit but I cannot remove and done want to force it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2964.jpeg
    IMG_2964.jpeg
    182.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2963.jpeg
    IMG_2963.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 14
Sponsored Links
Are you sure it's meant to be removable?
The loose bit is the cable grip and should be screwed back up tight - it won't be related to removing the cable.
If this is a removable plug and socket, I would gently try and prise a small screwdriver between the two hexagons, and see if there is any movement.
If there's no movement, don't force it, it may not be removable!

Thanks RG. I think it’s meant to be removable as I think it’s to allow the bottom plate of the hood to be removed for cleaning. The second hexagon pulls out a couple of mm and you can twist it but I cannot prise it out (might be too much cooking oil glueing it together) and you can then lock it back in. Just doesn’t make sense if there isn’t an easy way to disconnect. I’ll try and gently prise with a screwdriver.

Sponsored Links
Couldn’t get it disconnected so don’t think it does unplug readily but managed to take frame off for cleaning. Thanks for help.

LM

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back