help installing shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im running all the pipework for new bathroom and need to know how I run the hot and cold feed for the shower in the cubicle (yet to be installed)

Was thinking of buying shower, then making a stud partition to allow pipework to run in and come thru plasterboard at correct width apart

Would this be ok and is the plasterboard ok to hold it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Run pipework in 22mm for added stability if necessary.

Remember to put some accessible isolating valves on the pipework to adjust the flow if necessary (especially combis etc).

Use CLS timber - its generally straighter than rough sawn carcussing timber. Plenty of nogins especially around the lower tile edge.

Suggest you use a proper cement based backing board rather than plaster board (its stronger, water resistant and more stable).

I've always used seperate adhesive (BAL) and grout as opposed to the all in one.

Gasguru said:
Run pipework in 22mm for added stability if necessary.

Remember to put some accessible isolating valves on the pipework to adjust the flow if necessary (especially combis etc).

Use CLS timber - its generally straighter than rough sawn carcussing timber. Plenty of nogins especially around the lower tile edge.

Suggest you use a proper cement based backing board rather than plaster board (its stronger, water resistant and more stable).

I've always used seperate adhesive (BAL) and grout as opposed to the all in one.

Hi

Do you mean in 22mm up to and just before the connection where it will be reduced to 15mm?

To accomodate the trap I need to construct a platform for the stone resin tray to sit on, what is best to be used to cover the platform, normally I would use skirting, but it is a quadrant shower

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back