Help needed on Vokera Excel sp80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Calling all you plumbing engineers DIY engineers. I ask for you help as i might have to fix this problem myself as to 6 week waiting time for an engineer to come out and my family is due up in the next week. Tried 24Hr call, out waiting on call backs i know that will cost me a fortune. Ok my boiler has decided not to give me hot water on the tap but is ok on the central heating radiator. The 2 x selector switch on the face of the boiler, either just for hot water only or hot water and central heating is only working on the central heating/hot water mode but won’t give hot water at the tap until the radiators have warmed up. Does not work in the hot water only mode without central heating. Also when i took the front cover off the boiler not the housing the front cover where you look through the spy glass for the pilot light the boiler seems to work better than when the cover is screwed back on. Any thoughts lads.
Regards
Gary&Sarah

Sponsored Links
probly just your water diaphragm. the long lead time you've been given is due to the companies you call having no ability toi repair conbis, similar to overquoting for a job no not get the job. call british gas or a good private eng and you'll have an engineer next day or day after.

Sponsored Links
yeah its not a hard job and parts not to expensive. just be sure you know what you are doing. i can do this in about 1/2 hour tops, but my 1st time was a bit of a learning experience. if you're not confident get someone in on recommendation. if its not the diverter you could be looking at a blocked dhw hex bypass bobbin or diverter bobbin. these boilers can be a right pig depending on which model too. there are 2 versions... one's pretty easy to disassemble. ones an absolute pig. good luck.

btw you'll need to look at the manufacturers parts list for the part number, which i dont have. i think the diaphragm is referred to as for the dhw flowswitch but im not sure :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back