help needed

Sponsored Links
They are old what make was it MK, sorry not sure where you can find them hope find one anyway

It's an old, porcelain rewirable fuse carrier. Five amps is it? Does that mean you have no lights? I doubt very much whether you'll get a new replacement, but if that's what's protecting your circuitry I think it's time to call in a spark and get your installation inspected. It may not be the case, but in my experience a fuse like that often means a complete rewire is on the cards.

Sponsored Links
i should have been more specific. i didnt realise i could just use fuse wire. doh. also managed to electricute myself fitting my new light. lost a little feeling in my arm for 5 mins or so which was fun.

Looked similar to the fuse carrier I had, it was plastic though! I got mcb trip switches to replace them, maybe you can get the same for yours, saves your limbs at least :)

But make sure, as I am by no means an expert, let one of the other guyz confirm this.

Take care

jifdave said:
i should have been more specific. i didnt realise i could just use fuse wire. doh. also managed to electricute myself fitting my new light. lost a little feeling in my arm for 5 mins or so which was fun.
I think you should quit while you're ahead (i.e. alive, house not on fire, that sort of thing )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back