Help! pipe monstrosity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have recently had a shower fitted by a mate who dropped a clanger and has had to run a pipe which protudes out the wall in my daughters room about 65mm at the bottom runs up about 1.5m then runs back in through the wall to connect to the shower in the bathroom, because it has two 90 degree angle connectors it is also quite bulky and would need something about 60mm wide to cover it. So it kinda looks like a huge handle in the wall. i need to cover it with something but the standard stuff ive looked as wont be suitable. I need a u-shape that runs the height of the wall to cover it, would any one know where i may get something suitable. Hope i've described it well enough for you to understand the problem. thanks. I need to sort this quick as I know one of my kids will end up inadvertently yanking it from the wall.

Sponsored Links
have you got concrete floors? have you got access to the loft space above the ceiiling?

What is there on the other side of the wall that would obstruct a pipe run?

p.s. you can get electrical trunking, steel or plastic, in sizes 50mm or 75mm

I would be inclined to box it in with battens screwed to the wall, and a box of 12mm ply. It will look neater run from floor to ceiling. maybe you could disguise it as part of shelving.

Worst case.... Box it in from floor to ceiling ........ & poke ya mate in the eye...... He deserves it :D

Thanks using battens to box it in sounds just the job, thanks very much.

Certainly felt like giving him a dig in the eye when i saw it but he's done a sterling job otherwise so I suppose ill let him keep his eyesight.

Sponsored Links
The only other way is to add probably 30 more pipe loops to the wall, paint em diff colours & make a design feature of it ........ Ummm Maybe not :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back