help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
This is my first post so go easy on me.
I have just put in a downstairs loo and have put up a few spot-lights in the ceiling.I have a three core flex from the CU going into a draw-string switch on the ceiling.The spot-lights come from a transformer on a loom.The transformer has two wires coming from the input end and the leaflet says it should not be earthed.The switch has three terminals 1=Com, 2=L1, 3=L2 and an earth.Could someone please tell me how to wire it up from the CU,through the switch to the transformer.Remember its christmas the season of goodwill and all that.
dave.

Sponsored Links
A standard mains switch has either two or three terminals. If it has only two, then you connect the live wire to one, and the outgoing live to the other. The Common is connected to either L1 or L2 by the switch. You should use L1 and common if you just need an on/off. L2 would work fine in a pull switch, but if you used it in a wall switch then the switch position would work the wrong way round compared to the others in your house.

You probably (?) plan to have one wire coming in from the lighting circuit power.... to switch... then another going out to transformer?

And did you mean flex? fixed wiring is supposed to be cable (the squarish stuff with two solid insulated coloured wires inside and one bare one for the earth.

more oblong than round.two wires insulated, one bare.

Damocles.
On and off is all i need but which wire/terminals do i use.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back