High gloss shine on newly sanded floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How does one achieve that wetlook high gloss shine on newly sanded pine floorbords?

Is it possible to achieve using a hardwax oil and if so can it be used in conjunction with a stain to darken the boards?

Sponsored Links
How does one achieve that wetlook high gloss shine on newly sanded pine floorbords?

Is it possible to achieve using a hardwax oil and if so can it be used in conjunction with a stain to darken the boards?
Yes, use Saicos Colour Wax Classic Oak (will also prevent the pine boards go orange) and use Saicos Premium HardWaxOil High-Gloss for second coat.

Sponsored Links

Yes, use Saicos Colour Wax Classic Oak (will also prevent the pine boards go orange) and use Saicos Premium HardWaxOil High-Gloss for second coat.

Many thanks. That seems to be it.

Is there any advantage in going over the floor with a buffer or even burnisher. My whole downstairs will be wood flooring and I was thinking of getting a machine on ebay. Something like a Victor sprite buffer or excel burnisher. Any views if I use the Saicos as suggested to keep the floor clean and polished.

The Victor seems heavy enough to assist you even with the application of the oils (wrap a non-fluffy cloth around the buffing pad and go over the just applied oil to spread it out even more evenly).

Afterwards you can use the white pads to buff in Saicos maintenance products

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back