Hive multizone. Max 3 zones or 6 ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dunno if anyone can help with this but I've been offered a used Hive Multizone kit from a mate. He's decided to get a nest setup installed instead of the Hive and has asked me if I want it FOC seeing as I do a lot of the regular maintenance on his bikes for him, also FOC. It was bought either 2020 or 2021, I can't remember exactly what date he said.

I've looked online at all the features etc and it looks like it would be a worthwhile bit of kit, apart from one nagging issue that I can't seem to find any details on, which is that a lot of the info online seems to contradict itself as to how many zones it can control. A few say 3 zones but the Nest website says it's capable of controlling 6 :unsure:.

Would I be right in guessing that maybe the original kits could only do 3 and the later versions can now deal with 6 ? In which case, how could I tell if the kit he's offering me would be the later version ? Did Nest update the firmware possibly, or would I have to check model/serial No's on the thermostats ?

If it helps, I won't be using the hub or the phone app to adjust the heating remotely and it will only be used for controlling the heating as my hot water is dealt with by another boiler. I have 6 heating zones, hence the need to find out as the kit he's offered me only has 3 thermostats with it so I would have to buy another 3.

TIA

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back