Hive Receiver Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!

First post here. I’ve recently got a hive thermostat and receiver but currently have a Honeywell wireless receiver attached.

I’ve got a logik combi C30 boiler, no separate tank.

I have taken off the face plate from the Honeywell so you can see the wires currently.

By comparing the Honeywell wiring guide and the Hive installation guide, I think I’ve worked out that the wires need to be moved to:

- Two Yellow/Green wires to the ground terminal

- Both the black and blue wires to Neutral

- Both brown cables to Live

- Link Live and 1 together with the short piece of brown wire

- Grey wire to the 3 terminal

Does that right? Didn’t want to knacker my boiler by wiring it badly within a week of moving house…

Thanks for any help!
J

Attachments

• IMG_1206.jpeg
    IMG_1206.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1203.jpeg
    IMG_1203.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1205.jpeg
    IMG_1205.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 33
Sponsored Links
So there will be three brown wires in the L terminal (two in and one short link from L to the 1) - is that correct?!

Thanks for the remarkably speedy reply, been thinking about it all day

So there will be three brown wires in the L terminal (two in and one short link from L to the 1) - is that correct?!
Yes, but you could also put one brown in L, one brown in terminal 1, and the link between L and 1. That way, there are two wires in each terminal, rather than three wires squeezed into L - it's should make it slightly easier to wire up.

Thanks for the remarkably speedy reply, been thinking about it all day
It never hurts to be prepared! :)

Sponsored Links
Just to close this off and for anyone else looking - I wired it up and it worked perfectly first time (thank goodness).

Thanks for the help people!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back