Hive smart TRV’s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

Had a new boiler fitted earlier this year and after it was fitted decided to invest in those Hive Active TRV’s, I work from home so it’s handy just heating the one room but the trouble is I have 11 radiators in total but I have only fitted 8 units as 2 are towel radiators and 1 main radiator in the front room that didn’t have a normal TRV on it. How hard is it fitting a trv to a radiator that doesn’t have one and fitting the Hives to towel radiators please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Main problem is the release of water, this house the floors are made of a pressed wood board, and can't risk getting wet, mothers house tiled floors, carpeted, so I had a carpet cleaner standing by, all tools to hand, and swapped the valve with water spilling to maybe 6 inches to a foot during the work, which was quickly sucked up with carpet cleaner, without fully draining, the air lock in the sealed system resulted in most the water staying put.

This house open vented the water would freely flow out. There are freezing packs, but with these floors could not risk it.

The actually changing often needs a large Allan key, and may need slight alteration to pipe work, clearly micro bore is far easier to re-position to 15 mm pipes, for what the plumber charged, when I moved in, I had all the TRV bases changed together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back