Holes in the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, this is my first post so go easy please

I have a bathroom fitter in doing my tiles (moving the toilet). He has gone off with a popped knee and as a result left the bathroom door off its hniges. My wife knocked the door which promotly ripped a shelf off the wall.

The shelf was held in with screw in raw plugs and as you can guess has left some pretty nice holes in the wall. The holes are the size of about a 5p coin, then the damage extends to about 1.5 inches around.

By the looks of things polly filler woint do the job.

Im looking for advice on the best way to repair the wall too allow me to put a shelf back up.

Thanks

Chris

Sponsored Links
Depending on what brackets you have on your shelf, you should be able to fill the holes in the plaster board with any good branded named filler. The brackets should then cover most of your repair when put in place..I myself only fix anything to plaster board (if I really have to) with "Toggle" bolts, these are "countersunk screws or little bolts" with spring loaded "wings" attached to a nut. You make the hole in your plasterboard to the width of the "toggle"bolt you are using ,you then put the "screw/bolt" thru the hole in your shelf bracket then attach the spring loaded "wings" and fold the "wings together and put them thru the hole in your plasterboard and they will open out when right thru and you tighten up the "screw/ bolt" and it will grip on to the back of the plaster board. When you buy these toggle bolts (B&Q ) stock them ,take into account how thick your shelf bracket is and how thick the plasterboard is and how long the "toggles" will be as these will fold together and open up when they reach the back of the plasterboard. It all sounds complicated but when you see the principle of how these little marvels work, all will become clear. ;) You can goggle them and see what they look like and how they work..Good luck .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back