honeywell programmer red light illumination

ih

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
honeywell programmer model st6400c. the heating slider when on CONT
the heating indicater red light stays illuminated! Is this normal? hope somebody can advise and help to put my mind at rest.My 84 year old mother is concerned and she is of the opinion that the indicator light should only illuminate if the heat is demanded! thanking in advance.

ih

Sponsored Links
As far as I remember, the light means the CH system is 'active'. i.e ready to react to a call for heat from a room-stat - nothing more.

Unless the rads come on without the room-stat setting being below the actual temp, your mum can sleep easily.

DH

• Thanks
Reactions: ih
Sponsored Links
honeywell programmer model st6400c. the heating slider when on CONT the heating indicater red light stays illuminated!
CONT means "continuously", i.e the heating is turned on 24 hours in the day. That does not mean the boiler will be on 24 hours a day - it will only come on when the room temperature drops below the temperature set on the wall thermostat.

Most people would set the slider to the Auto position. The heating will then be active from, say 6am to 10pm, and turn off overnight.

If you don't have the instruction book for the ST6400C, you can down load it from Here. It's about halfway down the list, which for some strange reason is not in alpha-numeric order.

• Thanks
Reactions: ih

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back