Horn not working - fuse issue? Vauxhall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my horn doesn’t work, I’ve found the fuse box but now I’m lost! Any idea where the horn fuse would be?

Make Vauxhall
Model Clubman Car derived Van
Engine size/Type 1.7 Diesel
Year 2013
IMG_2828.jpeg

Sponsored Links
The car's handbook should indicate what the purpose of each fuse is, where they are located, but usually there a a horn relay too, or the horn itself which might have failed.

Which car is the van based on?
There is quite a bit relating to Astra H horn problems online.
If this is yours, have a search for CIM clip.

It’s a Vauxhall Astra van 2013. Unfortunately no handbook with the car and can’t find it on the forums.

Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
Easiest and most likely fail is to check if the horn works.

Just take a pos and neg wire to the horn terminals. If it works then start digging for fuse info, but there are various fusebox layouts.

My money is on the horn itself

Those astra h are crazy with the electrics. See that little dial down on the right that dims the dashboard lights - my horn would only work if I turned it right down!!. I'd also douse the CIM in contact cleaner as a "preventative" maintenance job.

They suffer really bad with cim modules. Only thing you can really do without a scan tool is check for a live and earth at the horn when pressed. Can you hear a clicking from the fuse box under bonnet when pressed. It has a relay and fuse inside that fuse box for horn. You could try with headlights on too. Used to be a common fault that it only worked with headlights on.

Back