Horstmann H37 cannot remove cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm a reasonably experienced DIY/CH sort of guy. I need to make some wiring changes to an H37 controller. I've undone the two screws at the top and pulled out and down as hard as I dare so as not to break any plastic lugs and still the thing wont come off the backplate. Is there a trick to this that I am missing or has the installer applied glue? Does anyone have a photo of the backplate or back of the H37 that might help me see what is going on that they could helpfully post?

Thanks a million.

Sponsored Links
These programmers simply pull off by firstly loosening the 2 top screws and pulling the module off from the top.
Just look online for the diagram for your programmer and it shows you all you need to know.
Pull down and it is hinged at the bottom. The pins that locate into the back plate may have corroded making it difficult to remove.

The H37 can be a bit stiff and considerable force is sometimes needed just be careful not to break the back plate removal as per 45's previous instruction!! ;)

Sponsored Links
These programmers are stupidly hard to get off. still waiting for the day i rip the backplate off a studed wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back