hot water cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want to tee off the hot water cylinder for shower, how far up the pipe will the hot water reach. basically what im trying to say is if i tee off just into the loft and then pipe across to the shower will it gravity feed up the pipe enough to get pressure.

Sponsored Links
needs to be below the tee where it exits the cylinder and gos down to supply the taps etc or up for the vent.

unless you want to keep drawing air in.

pressure will be cr*p if the showerhead is only just below the cws

thanks for advice. just one more thing. the pipe run for the hot water will be roughly 4 mtrs, would that normally be a pump job or is that ok for gravity fed bearing in mind it is just normal size hwc.

Sponsored Links
theres more to it than that.

wheres the cold coming from ?
whats the distance from the cws to the showerhead ?

oh ok, lets go on the assumption that cold water is indirect and cwsc is 1 mtr above shower head

it may give you a shower but nothing to write home about and over 4 mtr i would go for a pump or a digital pumped shower.

thanks . think i'll get a pump, if im gonna have one i might as well have a good'n. cheers for info.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back