Hotpoint Aquarius WML720 filling up too much

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've got a hotpoint washer that is filling up with water too much. When the washer first fills the washer up it fills it for a bit, then you hear it stop for a few seconds, but then it continues to fill up until the water is halfway up the door and the water starts leaking out from the powder door (no idea if it eventually stops because obviously it gets turned off). The washer will pump water out it seems without a problem as when I set it to pump out, it does so. I've took the pipe off from under the drum (where the ball is, I'm guessing as a filter) and the thing that screws off at the bottom (still on the front) of the washer and both of those places are clear. I've also had the waste pipe in the sink to make sure that wasn't a problem but it doesn't seem to help.

Is there any common problems with washers (or this specific washer) or anything that I can try? I really haven't got the money to be getting someone out and I'm fairly confident at fixing things with instruction. Any help will be gratefully accepted, as my clothes are starting to smell! lol

Thanks, Craig

Sponsored Links
Has the presure pipe come off the presure switch located on the top. It's a clear/ black tube.

how do you access that pipe? you say it's at the top but is it through the back or does the actual top come off? thanks for the quick reply :)

edit: this the the only black pipe I can see. It appears to be attached at both ends, is this the one? I've had a good look and can't see any others.
5399154722_f5cd31b50c.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks Leccy, I couldn't work out the arrangement of clips on the front, a nice tug released it though :)

thats the pressure pipe on the pressure switch.

Blow into the switch you should hear some clicks.
Blow into the pipe and you should hear it in the drum blowing free.

Check the pipe has no holes and is attached at each end.

Ok guys I've fixed it. The hole was a few inches down the pipe and there was some slack, so I chopped the pipe and reconnected it lower down. I can't stress enough how much I appreciate the help Rocks1, if you lived local, i'd buy you a beer ;) Thanks again, if I have any more probs this is the first place I'll come

Craig

thats the pressure pipe on the pressure switch.

Blow into the switch you should hear some clicks.
Blow into the pipe and you should hear it in the drum blowing free.

Check the pipe has no holes and is attached at each end.

Old post, I know, but this was very useful info and the first good result I found on Google while searching for my problem.

I have now fixed my washing machine. Thanks a lot! :)

Glad to hear it Newt182 and just to add, my washer is still going strong after I fixed it - in fact, I've literally just put a wash on now :)

That fault would often be ccompanied by a little wter leaking onto the floor from the pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back