How can I repair this tarmac drive?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A bag of that cold tarmac from B&Q? Would it need priming with anything before laying? To be fair, it’s been down over 20 years now so not been too bad. I think this hot spell has finished it off though. Just want to do a patch repair for now if that’s possible. Any suggestions?

45600C85-3869-4E5C-9A5F-C225FF032679.jpeg

Sponsored Links
A bag of that cold tarmac from B&Q? Would it need priming with anything before laying?

My front is a bit of a mess (much worse than that) but to replace it I need to do other things so in the mean time I have patched a number of holes / cracks.

I used something like this, whatever Wickes had available. I also used this to prime the holes. I also put a spray of it over the surface after I had rammed the macadam in. I read somewhere that this helps to seal it from water.

I did some last year, maybe 10 months ago and they all look okay, albeit that were mostly at the edge and don't get that much traffic.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back