How can I tie corner walls together?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a house which has 2 walls at the corner that are not to together.
Can I just use normal neoprene wall ties that you drill in?/and if so should I do 2 rows, one into the inner wall also?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks here's a few
Screenshot_20221009-180231_Photos.jpg
pics
Screenshot_20221009-180204_Photos.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221009-180307_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20221009-180307_Photos.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 98
Sponsored Links
Get a structural survey, a good one, not just a house buyers survey.
What's the history of the building?

I've had a structural survey, there has been some movement , there was a cracked drain.
He said it was historic.

I've had a structural survey, there has been some movement , there was a cracked drain.
He said it was historic.
What was the advice on rectification/prevention/monitoring of further movement?

it amazes me on these old houses they spent so much time and detail on the front elevation and details as your house has above the door etc, and then horsed in crap bricks down the side? Maybe materials were more expensive and labour cheaper back in the day but it just makes you wonder why

To me it has the appearance of an old house that has had a new frontage put on.

Not very well.

Though the use of better bricks and fancier detailing at the front is also common, on the "fur coat and no knickers" principle, it would have been quite difficult to build it so badly.

They said nothing needed doing, but I would rather be sure.
I had a builder do some pointing on it and he said he could tie it, hence the original question.

They said nothing needed doing, but I would rather be sure.
I had a builder do some pointing on it and he said he could tie it, hence the original question.
So the qualified professional said "do nothing", whilst the unqualified builder said "do something and pay me to do it"? Hmmm. :unsure:

Point the crack up. That's it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back