How do I make a wall like this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Id really like to recreate the effect of this bathroom in my own Im starting shortly. But Ive not seen it anywhere before (the kind of small sandstone like bricks)

Does any one know if these come as tiles with that effect on them and just slot them all in next to each other or what they are>?

Sponsored Links
I think they are tiles, you can get slate ones too. They look awful whatever they are. Great for practicing rock climbing though. Just another fad.

they are split face stone. you can get them in slate, limestone or travertine and they come on a sheet. you dont grout them and usually they are fitted with no joint.

do a search for split face mosaics

Sponsored Links
Split face mosaic, looking at these myself but only for a feature wall after looking on this forum be careful as you cant't grout them meaning that they can't be used say on a shower wall etc as it will be bacteria heaven also!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back